Taking The Hassle Out Of Homework
Kids are From Krypton; Parents are from Pluto Radio series update Sept. 2, 2010: Homework is an important part of your kids’ learning. It fortifies the lesson, and offers the opportunity to help them when they make mistakes. And in order to help your kids become successful, here are some suggestions for homework time:
* Set aside a daily homework time.
* Identify a specific place to do homework.
* Make sure that your kids have the supplies necessary to conduct the work.
* Schedule a certain amount of time in which your kids have to engage in school-related work.
* Review homework with your kids…don’t do it for them!!!
* Analyze why your kids are making errors.
* Praise your kids for their effort, not merely correct answers.
* Allow your children to take responsibility for their homework.
* Remain calm.
* Believe in your kids’ ability to be responsible and successful.
TOP 5 TIPS OF THE WEEK:
- Set aside a time for homework every school day.
- Identify a specific place where each of your kids does their work.
- Make sure your kids have the supplies they need to do their work.
- Review their work if necessary; don’t do the work for them.
- Show your kids you love them…through your words and your actions.
Enjoy your kids!